Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thing 20

I found a couple of very interesting features in my Google search. I viewed Maps, Google Earth and Picasa. I signed up with Picasa and have posted perhaps a hundred photographs.

Now, these features all have a practical application for me. The Maps feature obviously is a valuable tool when trying to reach an unfamiliar destination both locally or in a distant place. Google Earth adds the ground level visual aspect which could be quite valuable. Picasa is a great archive for valuable photographs that otherwise would be in jeopardy from wear or damage over time. I would not hesitate to recommend these features to patrons. We must always keep in mind however that not everyone has a computer nor do they desire to have one.

I considered iGoogle but decided not to be involved. Why? I use my computer in a very narrow range and I am not inclined to broaden its scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment