Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

T18

I don't have a problem with a child having a facebook account as long as it is being monitored by their parents. Because when I take a look at some of the adult accounts I wonder... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? You would not use that language in person or pose for that picture at a studio but you are placing your stupid comments and awful photos on the computer for the world to see. Out of the 5 Fun and Safe Social Networks for Children the one I would allow my child to go on would be Togetherville because it gives me more control over whom my child is communicating with. What's What, GiantHello & Skid-e-Kids are out of the question...because there is no way I am going to give out my personal information(credit card or social security card) so that my kid can chit-chat on the internet. As for Linkedin I think this is a good site for professional schmoozing which I have no interest in. Webjunction on the other hand was not only easy to navigate but interesting. I am all for technology as long as you keep common sense, good health and everyday social skills into play. And for right now I feel that the more computer knowledge we as humans gain the dumber we get because we forget how to treat others, how to discipline our kids and how to enjoy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment