Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thing 13: Tracking Our Library

This "Thing" is great! Once I got past the issues with the new Internet browser blocking the social sites, and it's ever so slow response time... I successfully customized my page and set up my bookmark on Addictomatic. There was some buzz on our library, but not enough. It seemed to mostly be about Genealogy and our English Language Learning programs, which wasn't a surprise considering how popular those topics are.
Next, I set up my Social Mention alert and sadly, I didn't find anything regarding our library yet (and I chose all types). So, I decided to search for a hot chili pepper that my husband and I are getting ready to grow. We heard about the peppers on the food network and was able to purchase the seeds online recently. This search engine found some great articles from people who have grown them, made hot sauces and even balms out of the peppers to be used for arthritis. I will surely use this one again personally.
I established Google Alerts to come in to my email account, but so far nothing has shown up yet. Everything that I viewed was positive, but I don't think that we have enough of a presence at all. I believe that most people respond to visual effects best, and maybe if we took more photo's an video clips of our programs and events and posted them on our blogs, Youtube, Facebook etc. we may be able to increase the public's interest and curiosity about what's going on in "Largo's living room", and maybe, at the very least, raise awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment