Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thing 16: Streaming Music

Streaming music is awesome! I tried Pandora mainly because I've heard of it before, but also because my husband loads my i-pod shuffle with music from our i-Tunes library and it was mentioned that you can conveniently purchase songs from i-Tunes through a link on the Pandora site. In my opinion, Pandora is fabulous! Listening to music is one of my favorite things and if I could, I'd be plugged into the Pandora site 24/7.

So, I registered and began to create my first station by searching an artist that I like. The first song was, of course, by that same artist. But after that, Pandora just kept a variety of great songs coming one after the other. I only rejected a few of them, and there were some that I had never heard before (along with a couple new artists). They have a "thumbs up/down" feature that reminds me of Tivo. When you click the thumbs up button, you're telling Pandora that you like that song, and from there the site actually gets to know you and what music you will probably enjoy... very cool. The only negative thing that I've noticed so far, is that you're limited on how many times you can skip a song. If you reach the limit, a note pops up to tell you that you can't skip any more songs. Therefore, I tried to click thumbs down on it and the message was an apology and a promise that once the song was finished, it would never be played for me again. But, I still had to listen to the entire song anyway. 

Anyway, the station I'm creating has a lot of variety and is a work in progress. I will definitely be visiting this site in the future and exploring all it has to offer for personal use. Thanks for the introduction!

No comments:

Post a Comment