Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thing 9 - Google Docs

There's a lot of potential here for streamlining work flow, whether it's in business, school or someone's personal life. I can't tell you how many times I've experienced the issue of multiple copies of an original document getting edited and sent back through email attachments, (which often times are sent in a format that I can't access) and by the time I viewed all of the altered versions it's nearly impossible to determine which one is the most current file. I'm sure that I'm not the only one whose wasted valuable time in this scenario, jumping through hoops. 

Having a centralized, safe place on the internet to store the document and only those that have been invited having the ability to edit the info is brilliant. I love the onscreen chat window that's available for real time comments during presentations. I think that this is a great feature for those who do presentations. Also, it keeps a record of who and when someone makes changes to the document or spreadsheet, which is always nice to know. And there are so many templates to get you started... what are we waiting for??!!!

Very cool concept indeed!  

No comments:

Post a Comment